Thursday, December 9, 2010

Worship: Is It Acceptable To God? Part 3

Okay...earlier today, as I opened the blog to write an update, I received a text from my son that would strike fear into any father.  His text to me was, "dad please pray, I am in grave danger right now" and ended "I have to go now, I love you guys."  My first thoughts and words were, God have mercy on us today.

Soon after I gather my thoughts for a moment, I remembered about a devotion that was sent to me earlier in the day from one of our men in our fellowship.  It was a devotion from Richard Baxter entitled - "How To Spend The Day With God."  One of the lines that caught my attention the most was..."Think of how many souls were that night called from their bodies terrifyingly to appear before God and think how quickly days and nights are rolling on! How speedily your last night and day will come! Observe that which is lacking in the preparedness of your soul for such a time and seek it without delay."

It is during these times we must find ourselves leaning on every thing we can remember about God's Word. It is during these times we must find ourselves in complete submission to the Lord's will.  It is during these times we find ourselves having to walk by the very things we preach.
It is not just a cliche' saying, "our times are in His hands" it is the very word of God.  As Baxter says above, "How speedily your last night and day will come!"  So the question to us today in our study of worship, how will the Lord find us in our last day on earth?

May the Lord find us in acceptable worship to Him.  As I mentioned this last Sunday, God being Spirit, there is no beginning or ending.  God being Spirit, He is everywhere, all the time.  As my pastor once said, "God's center is everywhere, is circumference is nowhere."  These being all true, is there ever a time we should not be worshiping God?

Closing out this day, the Lord saw fit to allow us another day with our son.  By His kind providence, tragedy did not come to our home.  The one beauty that I was able to witness was to see my family come together and rest in whatever He would bring to us today.

I am grateful to the Lord for showing Himself by the encouragement of friends and family that went immediately to prayer.  I am grateful to be loved by our Father to have given us the strength in trusting in Him to encourage each other.  May we find ourselves singing...

  Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
   It is well, it is well, with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment